Sunday, August 3, 2008

Yes, we are alive!


I wanted to post some proof of life pictures on the blog. I haven't blogged since we moved, and I can't say it's because we have been unpacking like crazy people. It's been the complete opposite. We have taken our time unpacking and getting things organized. Mainly because for the first time in two years Scottie doesn't have anything to do, and there haven't been any deadlines to meet. So we have been taking it easy and slowly getting the house together. We are almost done, and it's not looking too bad. Is this our dream house? Of course not! We have heard the 1980's calling a couple of times and asking for their dark stained wood and peach colored walls back, but other than that we are pretty happy here. The other night we ate dinner outside and enjoyed our new deck furniture. Thanks Mom! She got a fantastic deal on the set. Apparently Wal-Mart thinks that summer ends July 5th, and puts everything on sale in preparation for the fall. I think it's a little silly, but it worked out great for us.

I asked Gracie to smile for the camera and she sticks a piece of chicken in front of her face. What a goof ball.

I know, I know... it's random and weird to post pictures of dinner on the blog. But I wanted to show off the awesome sweet corn we have been enjoying here. It's southern Illinois sweet corn and it is wonderful!! I could never find good corn in Missouri, so we have eaten more of it in the past three weeks than we did the entire two years we lived in Kirksville. Ok, I'm done with the random corn post. Hopefully I will be able to catch up on my posting in the next few days!

1 comment:

Cali and Travis said...

I'm so excited you're back in the land of the living. I should email you soon. I was thinking of a few things the other day I wanted to "discuss" with you. Lots of love!