Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I know this picture is a blurry, but I couldn't resist taking a picture of the creepiest store window in Kirksville. (maybe the entire country) It's a medical supply store here in town. Every month they decorate their "models." It is hysterical! They are advertising some kind of nighttime breathing aid. It's only natural that Darth Vader would be helping someone with a breathing mask. It's so creepy. I feel like it's a cross between Star Wars and Silence of the Lambs. I will post a picture each month because everyone needs a laugh every once in a while! :)
Scottie wanted me to blog about his creepy experience this morning. After their test this morning he was standing in the hallway with his classmate Cory. He said a lady (stranger) who appeared to be in her early to mid 50's came walking up to them. She was wearing a completely white outfit with a big yellow cardboard circle on her stomach. She also had a pair of devil horns and a tail. She walked up and said "Guess what I am?" Cory said a goddess, he really had no idea. She gave them a hint " I'm food." Finally they got it, she was a deviled egg. Isn't that strange? But the strangeness doesn't stop there my friends. She came back a few minutes later to give them... a deviled egg. Scottie lied and said he doesn't eat them. I don't think I blame him. I'm pretty sure every parent has given their child the classic Halloween warning : Don't take deviled eggs from strangers! She said she felt stupid for dressing up and handing them out. My question is: who made you? and why deviled eggs?! If she felt the need to dress up and pass out treats she could have put on a silly hat and gave out normal candy. There are some days that make me enjoy living in Kirksville. Today would be one of those days.

2 comments:

reanda said...

This is so funny. I have even retold this story. Do you know people actually guessed what this lady was dressed as? I think it's great. I totally would have eaten one the eggs though!
Love you and miss you!

Larissa said...

That's so funny! I finally got it when he said I'm food. I just wish he could have gotten a picture of her.
By the way we REALLY need to try and get together after Christmas. I miss talking to you!