Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Visit From Nana




Nana came to visit last weekend, and Gracie was so excited! She loves when Nana is here and she cries so hard when she leaves. She is so excited about living closer in the fall, and hopefully we will get to see everyone more often. Grace and I were kind of in shock because we got to go out to eat and spent time outside of our house. We don't get out very much. The first picture is of Grace and Nana at Il Spazio, the only decent restaurant in town besides Ruby Tuesdays. Do you see the blond streaks in her hair? She has been wanting this hair accessory that has crimped blond hair and butterflies throughout it, then you attach it to your ponytail. She looked like a little tween girly girl. She had gotten some money for Valentines day from Grandma and Grandpa and also some from Nana. So Gracie used some of it to pay for her hair piece. Then we went to the nail salon and her and mom had their toenails painted. I didn't do it because I had busted my pinkie toe on the couch right before we left and didn't want anyone near my foot. The nail lady painted a little flower on each of Gracie's big toes. She loved it!! The polish is starting to come off and she wants to go back before we leave for Florida so she can have new flowers painted on. If she's already accessorizing her hair and nails at the age of four, then I don't even want to think about how she will be at 13!! The last picture is of her listening to her "new" IPOD shuffle. (Please do not look too closely at my kitchen in this picture. I had been sick with the flu all week and didn't do much to the house. Sorry!) Nana got a new one for her birthday, so she gave Grace her old one. Grace was so happy. She said "I've always wanted my own IPOD!" It has Wizard of Oz and Wicked music on it, so she is happy. But she wasn't happy when it was time for Nana to leave. Mom came with me to drop Grace off at preschool and then left for Indiana. Gracie showed her around and then cried when mom started to leave. Ms. Krystal felt bad for her so she asked Grace to be the calendar helper. That made her feel a little bit better. Now we are just counting down the days until we are closer to Indiana!!

2 comments:

reanda said...

Is there any chance I might get to see you when you get closer to Indiana?

Cali and Travis said...

Speaking of seeing you (Reanda, this goes for you too) my sister, Hillary is getting married July 19 in Nauvoo, IL, so I'll be back in the midwest. I'm going to try and work it out so that I can get over to Indiana to see family the week before the wedding. So anyway, just wanted to give you the heads up, because I'd love to see y'all.