Monday, February 11, 2008

We're Still Here...


I haven't been on the computer much lately because the sick bug doesn't want to leave me alone. I have felt crummy off and on for the last week. It probably doesn't help that I go into different schools and classrooms 3-4 times a week. Teachers and students are getting sick left and right here in Kirksville. Which means I have been pretty busy for the last month. While this is nice for us finacially, it has been hard on me physically. I keep getting sick, but our need for money makes me take jobs even if I'm not feeling well. The flu finally hit me Friday night. I have been in bed all weekend. I was scheduled to sub at Gracie's school today and I knew they wouldn't be able to find anyone in the last minute so I went. I am totally wiped out! I came home to find Scottie laying in bed and declaring that he too has been hit with the flu. Then to top it all off, I find not one but four puddles of dog vomit and one big pile of dog poop scattered throughout the house. So now my dog is sick on top of everything else. I'm sure Gracie will be coming down with it as well. I wanted to post something that wasn't related to anyone feeling sick. So here is a random picture of Gracie I took a few weeks ago. I heard her messing around in the bathroom and she came out with all these velcro curlers in her hair. My life would be so boring without her! Ok, I off to my bed now. Goodnight! (Yes, I realize it's only 5:30 but that's how bad I feel)

2 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

Oh sweetie i hope you get better soon! I had the flu a couple of weeks ago and it was awful! I'm so glad I finally got over it! I wish I were closer so I could help in some way.

reanda said...

I too have been sick. However, last Oct. Jerry and I started seeing a Fritz Maurer who practices natural medicine. I take tons of vitamins and minerals now so my immune system is really getting strong! I was only sick for 2.5 days instead of my normal week + every year! I really hope you get feeling better. I, like Cali, wish I was closer so I make you soup and watch Grace for you. Or just make you laugh! lol