Thursday, April 10, 2008

Take Me Home - Country Roads


We went to Indiana last weekend to see baby Carter. He is way cute, and deserves his own post. So I will put up some pictures later. These pictures are of Grace in her natural element. She was born to be a country girl, but sadly she has to be a city girl and settle for the occasional visits to Grandpa's farm. I miss the country more than I thought I would. I know I complain about living in Kirksville, but I'm sorry to say that Missouri is just trashy. Indiana has A LOT more natural beauty than Missouri, and I miss the quiet of the farm. Grace loves the farm almost more than me. She had a blast in her boots because she got to jump in all the puddles. Doesn't she look so happy?

Air Grace?

This is Momma Kitty. I'm pretty sure this is her 20th pregnancy. I keep telling dad to get her fixed but he refuses. He says " as soon as I pay the money to have her fixed she'll probably get hit by a car." My dad always looks on the bright side of life! Just kidding- he is usually pretty positive, just not about animals. Momma kitty has a son that looks just like her, and Stuart named him Girly Girl. The poor cat will probably need some therapy for his gender identity problems! But Grace just loves momma kitty, and I won't be surprised if she tries to take one of her kittens home.

Oh, and here is a picture of Buster. I love, love, love this dog. He is so sweet, a little dumb, but as sweet as can be. When someone pulls up his smiles at them. We tried to get a picture of it, but he didn't hold it long enough. There is another dog named Gus, but he isn't our favorite so he isn't getting any blogging love. Of course now I feel guilty and will need to take a picture of him next time so I can blog about him too. But Buster will always be my favorite. I've told Dad that if he ever needs to get rid of him, we will gladly take Buster off his hands. The best part is that he completely ignores Kingsley when he barks and growls at him. I think Kingsley would eventually learn to love this great dog. I know I do!

4 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

Homesick for Indiana

Christian Blome said...

Hey guys! It was so good to see you guys last week! We love and miss you guys so much. Carter is already asking when he can see you guys again!

PS- I devoured the rest of the apple turnovers the next morning! They were so good! :)

Amanda said...

I miss the farm, too! Just wait until Grace and Stuart make their first movie there!! :)

Larissa said...

Yeah, but no one can ever top "Murder of the Monk." What a classic: yellow "tourist" clothes, Curt's graceful death, unexpected nose flares, and a dramatic ending that no one saw coming. I love it!! :)