Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Guess what I did?

It doesn't have anything to do with the picture, I just thought it was a funny one of Avery. Anyway, my story took place on Friday. I had taken Grace to preschool and then came home to feed Avery. Once she was asleep I started to do some laundry, but that didn't last too long because the couch was calling my name. So I thought I would lay down for a few minutes. I still had an hour before I had to get Grace, a little rest won't hurt. Yeah right!! I woke up at 3:27 and I stared at the clock for a few seconds wondering why that time looked weird to me. Then it hit me that I was suppose to pick Grace up from school at 3:15!!!! I jumped up and started getting ready so I could show my embarrassed face at her school. Not a minute later the phone rang, it was her teacher- how embarrassing!!!!! I told her that I just woke up and I would be on my way, but she told me not to go through the trouble of getting the baby ready and that she would bring Grace home for me. We only live 2 minutes away, and she was getting ready to leave anyway. That's the beauty of private school, teachers can do things like that. We weren't allowed to have kids in our car at the public school, and believe me I had plenty of kids left at school. (I will never judge those parents again!!) So Gracie's sweet wonderful teacher brought her home about five minutes later. I of course apologized over and over again, but she said that she completely understood. When she left I apologized to Grace and asked her if she was upset about getting left at school. She said, "No that was great! I got to see the office and see what Mrs. Mikesell does after school, and I got to ride in her car. You should do that again!" I'm so glad to know that my child was worried about where her mommy was!! If I ever lay down again while she is at school, I will be sure to set an alarm! I can sit back and laugh about it now, but I was so embarrassed at the time. Lesson learned!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I imagine the quote for Avery to be "Auuurghrghrghr" based off her facial expression.

tlhp259 said...

Doesn't God have a great sense of humor:) I am so glad to hear that you are getting a little rest;) Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

reanda said...

HaHaHa
Now that is the Riss I know! ;)

Have a Merry Christmas!