Sunday, June 14, 2009

At the Drive-In


I'm backtracking a little bit. I need to post the pictures from our trip, but there's too many to pick from and I'm tired. So I"ll share some pictures of our night at the drive-in. We went a couple of weeks ago. Gracie wanted to see the Disney movie "UP" and we had already discovered that taking Avery to the movie theatre isn't a good idea right now. But the drive-in was perfect. Within ten minutes of the movie starting she fell asleep and stayed asleep the entire time. Here's a picture of the girls in the back of the van waiting for the movie to start.

Halfway through the movie they started the longest intermission known to man. We got really bored. So we decided to take some pictures of ourselves. It started out as a sweet family picture moment. But....

we started getting silly.

Then it got crazy. It was a long intermission!

At this point I think people started staring at us. We were laughing so hard. It was a lot of spontaneous fun! The amazing part was that Avery never woke up. We had a good time, and I can't wait to go again.

4 comments:

Amber Brown said...

We've been wanting to try out the drive-in here in town...it's encouraging to hear how well Avery did...hope Noah will do the same!! :) How'd you like UP?

Larissa said...

We liked UP. It was really cute, especially the dogs. There were a couple of scences that I thought were a tad violent for a Disney movie. (Like a man falling off the flying house, obviously he wasn't going to make it. But they didn't show him hit the ground. I still thought that was a bit much for Disney.) But it didn't bother Grace. I think the drive-in is the best for people with small children. We went all the time when Grace was little.

Unknown said...

Glad to see Avery is the normal one

Amanda said...

I think you look like Uncle Matt in that second picture. Ha ha! (Don't tell him I said that!)