Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fish Fry!!


Little Miss Avery loved the root beer pop-ice. She didn't really get much of it, but she certainly tried. She wouldn't give it back to Dad either. She had a good time with it. I've never seen a baby want table food as much as this one.

Every year the Center Point fire department has a fish fry on the last Saturday in June. Dad was on the fire department when I was little so we went every year. I have many fond memories of the fish fry, so I was excited that we were going to be in town that weekend. Scottie needed the house to himself so he could study for boards. Even though I was tired of traveling I was happy to go with the girls to the fish fry. Gracie was really excited to play the dunking booth. She wasn't able to hit the target with the balls, so I told her to go hit the red button. She thought it was pretty funny. The man in the tank was my seventh grade computer teacher. I heard Grace telling the other kids in line that they were going to be dunking her moms old teacher. You can imagine how much those strangers cared. But I thought it was cute.

This is Gracie and Cy. He is the son of one my childhood friends Christy. We basically grew up together. My dad and her dad Steve have been best friends since grade school and they still hang out together. So it was only natural that our kids would become friends. Grace is only two months older than Cy and she really likes playing with him when we come down to visit. Don't they look cute together??

Yes, I was the red-neck, white trash parent that had her baby walking around in a diaper. It was really hot that evening and Avery was sweating. I let her sit in her diaper for a while after I changed her. But I couldn't take it for long and I eventually put her dress back on. Avery probably would have preferred to stay in her diaper, but we have to keep up a good image. That's the most important thing to teacher our children, right?

I LOVE this picture! This is my friend Jacinda's little boy Michael. Jacinda is Christy's sister. She and I were born two days apart. She was more like another sister than a friend. I like that I still get to see her from time to time when I come home to visit. It's neat to see our kids play together. Her daughter Macey loved Avery and Micheal is a little doll baby. I think I'm going to crop this picture and send it to Jacinda. This is definitely a framer!!

No comments: