Monday, February 22, 2010

Future Bookworm



If you come over to our house you need to know that this is Avery's favorite chair. She likes to eat her snacks on it, sit at the top and gaze out the window, and she loves to look at books while she is lounging on the "poofy chair." If you sit there, she will climb on you. I'm just warning you.

Her other favorite thing is books. She doesn't really play with toys, but you can get her to sit in your lap and look at books. She doesn't have the attention span yet to sit and listen to every page, but she is getting there. The other day I was busy doing something, probably trying to clean my wreck of a house, and I noticed that it had gotten quiet in the living room. When I came in I saw her sitting in her chair "reading" a Babysitters Club book, which is a chapter book without pictures. (It was also my favorite series of books when I was young.)

I have a feeling that she is going to be one of those kids who is always sitting around reading a book. I think I will love that about her! :)

2 comments:

Carissa said...

YAY!!! Just like Miss Meriel =)

Reanda said...

That's awesome! I loved Babysitters Club books too! Heidi Pell and I read all of them! lol