Monday, February 8, 2010

Not Kidding

This was the best picture I could get today. I think it's a sign of the crazy days ahead for us.

We found out this weekend that our family of four will become a family of five in early October. I'm sure you are wondering, "did they plan this?" The answer to that would be - NO! It's kind of funny, but not really, that we tried for almost two years to get pregnant with Avery but only one time of...umm... not being prepared... and here comes baby #3. I sincerely apologize if that is more information than you wanted to know, but I'm just being honest.

It's amazing how many emotions you can go through in a 24 hour time period. Believe me, I've hit them all so far. Of course I am happy, but there is a large part of me that feels overwhelmed. We are getting ready to move in late spring, Scottie is going to officer training for almost 5 weeks, new house, new city, new life. Not to mention that we are about to enter the world of residency, and rumor has it that its' not easy. I think Scottie has to be on call every four days, and that means that he will be at the hospital the entire time. Won't that be fun to be home alone with three kids every four days??!!

But those are the negatives and I don't want to dwell on them. I want to enjoy this surprise and praise the One who brought him/her to us. It really is a blessing and a miracle, and I want to treat it that way. By the way, we are really praying for a boy. I am 100% done after this little one joins us, so I hope we get to buy lot's of blue!!

Will you join us in prayer for this new little miracle? We are praying for the health and safety for both of us, and the ability to handle all the new stresses that are about to come our way.

Here's to life's wonderful surprises!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so, so happy for you! Chloe just kept saying "No way! No way!" She's happy, too! I hope you have a boy. They are so different and so much fun.

Amber Brown said...

Wow!!! Congratulations!! I'll be praying for you guys!

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! Congratulations! What a surprise!!!

Anonymous said...

Riss- that is such amazing news. i can see how you'd be overwhelmed at the thought of three. thinking about one is still overwhelming to me! i know you're going to be great at being a mom to three! i'm praying for strength...and a boy!!!

Anonymous said...

ps-that last comment was from erin "gards" zoeller!

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy for you guys! Hoping that you have a wonderful pregnancy and that you have a healthy baby! And if it could be a boy, that would be wonderful too!! With the love you have for God, you will manage the tough days ahead. It may not be easy, but it will be so worth it! Love you all,
Aunt Teresa

Reanda said...

I am so happy for you guys. I wonder if you are crazy and then I remember yes you are in fact crazy! I'm kidding. I love you Riss and from your blog I think you are the best mom. I am sure you have enough energy for 3! All 3 of your children are lucky to have you!

Cali and Travis said...

Oh my GOSH! I need to be better at checking blogs! Congratulations! This is so very exciting! I'm thrilled for you! (Sorry for my late response!) Lots of love!