Thursday, July 29, 2010

Starting My Summer Updates


The girls have been trying to get out and play in our big backyard. It's been a little hard to play with this sweltering heat and humidity. Hopefully the humidity will go down soon and we can start enjoying our yard more!

I know I've said it before, but Grace is such a great big sister. She plays with Avery and helps her all the time. I love watching them play together on the swing set.

Starting the day together.

Avery likes to feed people. I just wish she didn't like to drop food on the floor as well. If only she would eat all of her food, the little bird! (Can you see Daddy completely out in the background? This is right after he came home from the night shift. I am so glad this is not a permanent rotation.)

Avery was trying to help Grandpa tighten the legs on the table. She never got to the legs, but she sure looks cute anyway.

I have been wanting to go to the downtown farmers market ever since we moved here, but didn't want to venture out there on my own. So Dad and Carol went with us when they came to visit last weekend. I think I will enjoy it when the weather cools down. It was almost too hot to walk around and shop. There were some small food vendors, produce, and then homemade goods like ceramics, soaps, jewelry, etc... It was cute, but I don't want to go again until it cools down!

Grace got some flowers at the market. They were closing down and the man was selling everything for a dollar. So she got to pick out several different colors of flowers, and then put them in a vase at home. They are still sitting on our table and look very pretty! (Yes, she is sitting in the stroller. Avery wanted to walk and Grace didn't, so they switched. But only because Dad was there to push, there is no way I could push Grace around now.) *Sorry I cut your head off Dad, it wasn't personal. ;)

Grandma and Avery walking through the market.

This has become Avery's favorite spot in the house. Scottie has been putting together some cabinets in the kitchen for me. This kitchen is small and has very little cabinet/drawer space. Avery is going to be so upset to find that Daddy has finished painting them and will soon be filled with all of the kitchen stuff that has been piled up in the corner. I have a feeling she is going to try and play in it anyway. So I need to make sure I put tupperware in there instead of anything breakable.

No comments: