Friday, August 19, 2011

Avery's Prayer


I have to get this written down before I forget everything she said.

Today she got in A LOT of trouble for spilling a box of cocoa powder all over the toy room and computer chair. (I don't want to talk it about it, it still makes me angry.) So her punishment was to sit in the recliner while I cleaned it up, which required quite a few spankings for her to stay there, and then after an early lunch she had to go straight to bed. She also wasn't going to get to go outside. Which is what we were getting ready to do when she got into the cabinet. Before they ate Grace asked her if she wanted to pray. Here's what Avery had to say to God.

"Thank you for God. Please don't let get in trouble. (Grace interrupted and asked who shouldn't get in trouble. Avery whispered "me") Please get to go outside. Please Mommy and Daddy don't spank me ever, ever again! Amen"

1 comment:

Rena said...

It really makes you think when they add "ever, ever, ever" especially when they are speaking to God.