Sunday, August 28, 2011

Second Grade


Tonight is the last night of summer...finally!!! Gracie's school district spent the year building brand new elementary schools, so they tried to give themselves as much time as possible by pushing the first day back to Aug. 29th. It's been a loooong summer. Not a bad one, just long. We are definitely feeling the need for structure and schedules. I'm all for lazy summer mornings and wide open days, but it get's boring after awhile.

Due to some "issues" with the neighbor kids, Grace spend a lot of the summer with her mom and siblings. Personally I think she was happier in a way. I know she just wanted some kids to play with, but she also realized there's no need trying to play with people who aren't nice to you. So we filled our days with trips to the pool, sometimes a playground if it wasn't too hot. Luckily the grandparents invited the girls down several times this summer, which gave Grace a chance to relax and play with kids who are actually nice to her! Of course our biggest event was Disney World. I know she loved that!! So even though the summer didn't go as we thought it would, I think we all grew closer because of it. (there were also plenty of fights and headaches, but that's normal too)

Tomorrow she will be going to a brand new school and a fresh start to make friends who really count. The top of my prayer list is for Grace and a protection of her heart. Kids can be so mean, and I pray she can learn how to keep the good ones and ignore the ones who need some manners. ;) I can't believe my baby girl is going to be a second grader. Time really does fly!!

No comments: