Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Apple Picking


I'm so excited that we get to actually enjoy fall this year. I was out of commission for most of fall last year, and Scottie was too busy to do anything with the girls. So this year we are going to do all the fun things we wanted to last year. I found an apple orchard that has pick your own apples. Unfortunately I think we waited to long to go because most of the good apples had been picked and all that was left had been eaten by bugs. Yuck! So we'll go earlier next year. But it was still fun to get out and walk around the farm and look for a few good apples.

Grace looks like she could be on a country magazine in this picture. Such a pretty girl!!

Avery tried her hand at modeling...

We'll have to keep working on that skill. ;)

Avery was the first one to find a good apple. She loved picking them off the trees. But then she'd look at them, realize they were bad, and throw them to the ground with a big sigh.

Beautiful sisters!!

Hey, you're starting to look like a model!

Well....

This is pretty much what was left on the trees. It was a little disappointing, but we'll know better for next year.

I think she found something!!

Grace was so happy whenever she found a good one!

Avery is such a sweetie.

They may fight, but they really do love each other.

Peeking through the apple trees.

This was the resident pig, and there was a sign that said he loves apples. The girls had a blast feeding him some of the not so pretty apples we found. It was cute and disgusting to watch him eat them.

Jude spent the trip in his stroller. But I have a feeling he'll be running up and down the rows next year!

Grace and I shared a cup of apple cider slush. It was SO good!! I would have bought more, but when one small cup cost 99 cents, I just had to be sad when it was gone. It was seriously the best slush I've ever had!

I thought I took these pictures that evening, but now that I'm looking at them I realize they were taken the next day. But I wanted to leave them because they're just so cute.

Oops...I interrupted their little nap with my flash. Sorry Scottie!! ;)

No comments: