Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Fun Weekend With Kelsey


We were so excited for Kelsey to come up from Florida for a weekend. Grace was so happy to have her Aunt Kelsey around for a few days. Whenever Kelsey's around Grace basically ignores everyone else. She loves her aunt like crazy!! I just wish we lived closer. :(

**Shara, if your reading this, Grace found your headband but she gave it back to Kelsey. :)

No trip to Brazil would be complete without popcorn with Grandpa. The kids are totally mesmerized by the air popper.

On Saturday all of Kelsey's bridesmaid, except for our cousin Tracy, were able to get together and shop for our dresses. We were all so busy trying on dresses that I forgot to take pictures. But trust me everyone is going to look great!!


After lunch Mom, Kelsey, Grace, Shara, Amy, and I went to Hobby Lobby to look at flowers/decorations. The wedding is in November, but since we won't get to physically shop with Kelsey very much before then, we wanted to get some ideas while she was here. Unfortunately Kelsey and Grace have the same bad habit of squeezing all the plastic grapes whenever we go there, so they weren't a lot of help. ;)

If I didn't know better, I would swear that Grace is really Kelsey's child. They are so much a like it's a little scary sometimes.

The fun just kept coming on Saturday. Part of the Jenkins crew came down to visit and as usual it was a blast!! It was *just* warm enough for the kids to play outside. I thought it was cold, but I guess I'm just getting old. It didn't matter to them, they had a lot of fun together. I love this picture. Next time we'll have to make sure to get the three little ones in it. We're missing Sean, Jude, and Hannah.

Avery and her cousin playing on the Ipad. He is so sweet with her. I think they are going to be buddies growing up. They share a passion for all things candy. :) After I took this picture she looked at him and said "you're really good at smiling." So cute!


It's probably hard to see, but Jude is laying on the floor holding on to Papa's walker. I guess he didn't want Papa to go anywhere. :)

We played a game called "Things" and it is so much fun. There were ten of us and it was getting hard to remember all the answers, or who's answer was already picked so we got creative. I grabbed mom's chalkboard from the kitchen and we kept track of answers that way. It really helped move the game along, which is good since there was such a large group. I can't even begin to tell all the funny things that happened during this game, but there were many. I love playing games with my family. We have yet to play something and not laugh the entire time. I can't wait for the next get together!!!

Precious baby H!!! Love this sweet little girl.

Then on Sunday we got to visit with some of my Dad's side of the family. It was Uncle Bill's birthday so we had a dinner after church. I won't tell you how old he is, but if you look closely you might be able to see the number on his red cup. I thought I'd make him feel better and wrote "almost 34" on my cup. I'm not sure it really helped. Ha! Ha! ;)

Jude slept through the dinner so he got the table all to himself, except he had Grandma for company. He was so tired by Sunday. I don't know what his problem is, but he has a hard time sleeping at other people's houses. I love coming to visit, but I also dread it a little bit since I know I won't get a lot of sleep. Plus driving for three hours by myself on little sleep isn't much fun either. But I'll keep doing it because I love coming home and seeing everybody!

This is how I felt at the end of the trip. But it was so worth it to see Kelsey and the rest of the fam! Can't wait until she can come up again. We miss you Kelsey!! :)

No comments: