Saturday, June 30, 2007

Fondue Fun!





Today is Scotie's birthday!! We had a very relaxing day, it was so nice to sit at home and just hang out together. Gracie wanted to go get a toy for herself... for Daddy's birthday. I told her it didn't work that way. Of course the next question was, "how long until my birthday?" During prayer tonight before dinner she said" thank you for Daddy's birthday, and mine is coming soon and so is Mommy's. But poor Kingsley didn't have a birthday because we forgot to have a party." It's so hard not to laugh in the middle of a prayer!
-I decided to make chocolate fondue for dessert instead of a cake. Scottie and I always go to the Melting Pot for our anniversary, but we are too poor to go there this year. I have to tell you this fondue tasted just as good as the Melting Pot. Gracie loved it!!! She ate everything except the pound cake. It was a really nice way to end Scottie's birthday.
-Gracie and I have had so much fun since he has been off from school. It's been a great reminder that we are a normal family, but we are living in an abnormal TEMPORARY situation. I will need to think back on this summer when things get crazy again in the fall!
Here is the recipe for the fondue:
1 cup heavy cream
6 oz milk chocolate, finely chopped (I used Girahdelli)
1/2 cup peanut butter ( I will use a bit less next time)
In saucepan over med. heat bring cream to simmer. It says that you need to put the cream in the top part of a double boiler and add the chocolate until softened. I don't have a double boiler or a bowl to substitute, so I just added the chocolate to the saucepan and whisked until melted. Then I whisked the peanut butter in until melted. Transfer to fondue pot and set on simmer.

-We had to stir it every once in a while because this fondue pot heated it fairly quickly. I'm so thankful to my friend Rebecca for bringing her fondue pot over for us to use!!

1 comment:

Rena said...

Hello Scott Family!

I love that I can "catch up" with what is happening with the three of you! I hope the birthday was a happy one!

Love to you all,Rena