Thursday, September 20, 2007






We had Gracie's birthday party in Indiana this past weekend. I am really behind on posting these pictures. I have more to come as well, so keep looking out for them. Her birthday weekend was a lot of fun, but very stressful at the same time. Scottie had two meetings on Friday, so we didn't get to leave Kirksville until late afternoon. Then we sat in a two hour traffic jam outside of St. Louis. So with all of that and the time difference we arrived in Brazil around 3:00 in the morning!! So my plans of baking the cake the night before went right out the window. The cake is another story in it's self. I'm sure I will post that soon! We rushed around all morning and ended being late to our own party. Talk about embarrassing! I'm so glad we don't have a pretentious family. :) Everything ended up working out and we had a great time. After Gracie's party we met Scottie's dad and brother Joe up in Indy since they couldn't make it to the party. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory. It was SO good! Happy birthday to me!! :)
Here are just a few pictures of the party. The first one is Gracie waving her birthday money in her Aunt Carissa's face. Of course Carissa was playing back with her and telling her she was going to take it and it belong to her. Grace just kept rubbing it in her face. So at the end of the party Carissa played a joke on her. She took two of her own dollars and told Gracie that I had given Carissa part of her birthday money. You would think that Gracie would laugh and say that it belongs to her, but nooooo. She takes off running with tears streaming down her face. Carissa finally caught her and told her that it wasn't her birthday money and gave her the two extra dollars. Lesson learned: Don't mess with Grace and her money!!! The last picture is of Gracie and the end of a long day! I have more pictures to post, so please come back. I promise it won't take me a month to post again!

No comments: