Monday, December 17, 2007

Cookie Time





Gracie and I made sour cream cookies with homemade frosting the other night. At first I was kicking myself for suggesting to make these, I usually HATE rolling out dough for cookie cutters. In fact I was having a mini breakdown while I was talking to mom on the phone because the dough kept sticking to the counter. I finally worked in enough flour and we were able cut out the cookies. We had a blast decorating them. Scottie even got in on the action and made a really good Patrick the starfish cookie. (That's a Spongebob character in case you didn't know) Grace did a great job frosting the cookies, although she had a pretty heavy hand with the sprinkles. :) I thought it would be cute to take some pictures of her in front of the tree. About 30 seconds after the last picture she stood up and all the cookies slid off the white plate. We would have used the 5 second rule ( I had just swept the floors) but Kingsley sheds so bad that the cookies were already covered in dog hair! I was so upset. Not only did we work hard to make them, now we only had half of them to eat. Let me tell you, they were GOOD!! These are so much better than regular sugar cookies. But the best part was making cookies and listening to Christmas music with Grace. I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: