Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just Like Daddy


I have some video and pictures of Gracie's dance class to put on here, but I couldn't resist doing these first. She is just too cute! When I came into her room tonight this is what I found. She is "studying" just like Daddy. If you've ever been around when Scottie is studying you will see the exact same picture. He has his notes in a binder, highlighting important info, and his laptop is always right next to him so he can listen to lectures. Gracie is using her little learning laptop she got for Christmas, and a while back Scottie gave her a binder with old notes for her to highlight. I couldn't help but smile when I saw her, but it also made me a little sad. She really misses her daddy when he is studying. Unfortunately this has become the norm at our house. Daddy shut up in the bedroom studying while Gracie and I find ways to entertain ourselves. This quarter hasn't been much fun, especially the last few weeks. It seems as if Scottie never gets to take a break. Which is apparent with the empty cracker packages laying on the floor, note cards sprinkled throughout the house, clothes laying here and there. He has been trying really hard to keep his stuff picked up, but it's hard to remember to pick everything up at 3:30 in the morning, or whatever crazy hour he goes to bed. I can also tell he has been studying a lot when I find myself getting cranky over small things. It hits me out of no where, then I realize that I'm either getting lonely or I'm tired of doing a lot of the housework by myself. I just have to remember that this will one day be over and he will have an awesome job to show for it. Sometimes I feel like George's dad on Seinfeld, "Serenity Now!!!!"
Oh- and just in case your wondering, yes Kingsley has to follow us into every room. He's sweet like that!

No comments: