Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm really behind


That's the understatement of the year. I'm behind on everything, not just my blog. I have dishes to wash, bathrooms to clean, 6 or 7 baskets of laundry to fold (we always have clean clothes, they are just stuck in baskets right now). I just can't seem to get it all done. It's getting a little better, but I just want to feel decluttered! Oh well it can't last forever. Here's a picture of Grace and Avery on Christmas day. We had a quiet day at home and it was really nice. We had traveled to Scottie's parents the day before and were wiped out. But it was worth it to be able to see everyone. Next Christmas will be easier, hopefully we will be running on a little bit more sleep than this year. (Of course we forgot to take pictures while we were there. We have to get better about that!)

The next day we headed back to Indiana to visit my family. We took a picture of all of us with my grandma and grandpa. Of course Avery is crying in the picture that everyone else looks good in. Well... I can't say I look good. I was very tired and never had a chance to do anything with myself that morning. I guess it just comes with the territory of having a new baby. Isn't Wyatt the cutest baby? He just smiled and was so happy. He even tried to untie Curt's shoes while he was playing on the floor. We need to teach him how to tie the shoes together and let Curt trip when he walks. See - siblings never grow out of trying to bug one another.

I love this picture of mom and Avery. I can't believe how red her hair looks in this picture. I wonder if she will be a feisty redhead. I hope not, Grace is feisty enough and she has brown hair!!

Just laying back and chilling with Aunt Kelsey and Bella. She probably has chips in that cup. We are very strict on her snack choices. Yeah right, she is a chipaholic just like me. ( I think I just created a new word!!) It was nice to have Kelsey here from Florida. She even brought some of her warm weather. But that didn't keep Papa from starting a fire in the fireplace! We were roasting that night. I guess it doesn't feel like Christmas to him unless there is a nice fire going. Too bad we had some nice sweat rings to go along with it!

I'm bummed that we didn't get more pictures at the Jenkins family Christmas. I wasn't feeling very good that day, so I couldn't tell you what all went on. I was kind of in a daze while we were there. I do remember a Santa cake that had Santa going head first down a chimney and some lively comments about it! :) Here is a picture of Grace with her cousins. She has so much fun with them. It makes me wish we lived closer. Her and Chloe were hilarious together. They couldn't go to the bathroom without each other. They said "that's what ladies do, and you can't leave until the other one is done." They crack me up. We need to get them together more often.
Overall we had a nice but exhausting Christmas. Like I said, I think next year will be even better!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Maybe next year Chloe's hair will be under control. Not likely! We had a great time and need to try to make time to visit each other more this year. Love you!