Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Precious Moments

I had one of these moments this afternoon. I had the goal of cleaning the living room while Grace was at school. As soon as Avery was done eating she had fallen asleep, so I thought I was actually going to achieve my one of my goals today. But as soon as I laid her down it took her all of 30 seconds to realize that someone wasn't holding her, and thus began the crying. :( Instead of becoming frustrated and crying along with her (because let's face it, it is really frustrating to never get things done due to a clingy baby) I decided to just go with the flow. I put on a quiet song and we danced around the living room. The song on my blog is the one I played while we danced. (you can pause it on the side if you don't want to listen to the music) I'm glad that I slowed down and danced with my new baby. It was a sweet moment, dancing with a sleeping little one. Although I did have to step over shoes, stuffed animals, and boxes of wipes. There will always be things to pick up around the house, dishes to do, laundry to wash and fold, and bathrooms to clean. But it's nice to stop and enjoy this time with Avery. Because I know all too well that they don't stay this little for long. I felt really blessed and peaceful this afternoon. Plus she fell asleep on the way home from picking up Grace, and stayed asleep long enough for me to clean up the living room. It all gets done eventually! :)

1 comment:

tlhp259 said...

Thanks for putting life into perspective and for the beautiful song! Hope you are getting a little down time to yourself. We always enjoy reading the blog even when we don't comment on it. Thanks as always for sharing your life with us!