Sunday, February 1, 2009

Major Mess


Avery had a very messy day yesterday. She had fallen asleep sideways in the Boppy. After a few minutes I saw that she was awake and just laying there contently. When I bent down to talk to her I noticed a really nasty smell. Since that isn't uncommon for her I just picked her up and figured I would change her soon. It only took me about 30 seconds to realize that something wasn't right... something felt very wet. When I turned her over this is what I saw. I'm not even going to describe what it looked like on the inside. (How did I get here? I'm blogging about my baby's poop. I think I need a life.) Grace had a similar incident when she was the same age. Except she was wearing a onesie and it was so bad we had to cut it off of her. Maybe every baby goes through this at two months old. I hope we don't see it again!!

Of course she felt a lot better after emptying, what I can only guess was her entire colon. She was all smiles. But this was the closest we could get to taking a picture of one.

Here she is nice and clean. She is sitting in her new Bumbo chair. She seems to like and will sit in it for a little while. Of course nothing is long term for her, except somebody's lap. I love her little headband. I never put them in Gracie's hair. She just never seemed like a headband girl, but Avery does for some reason. Grace still doesn't like me to put things in her hair. Maybe Avery will be more of a hair girl. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: