Sunday, March 15, 2009

We are getting ready...


for Florida!!! I am waiting on the last load of laundry and then it's time to start packing! I don't think I've ever had our suitcases packed the day before we left. We are always running around packing the day we leave, and it's so stressful. But I tried really hard to keep up with the laundry this week so I wouldn't be doing that this time. Let me tell you that this cute little baby here does not make that an easy task. She has been developing a cold the past few days so she has been extra fussy. This picture shows how I accomplished my laundry task. I just put her in the basket of clean clothes, while I filled up the washer with dirty clothes and then carried her upstairs in the basket. She loved it! Mothers have to be creative or they would never get anything done! So now we just have to make the long drive to Florida to see my sister Kelsey. I'm excited to see her, but sad that Scottie can't go with us. He doesn't get a spring break this year so we decided to go without him. It was not an easy decision to make, but I wanted to see Kelsey and it's another opportunity for Grace to play in the ocean. Avery's too little so I don't really count this as her first time to see the ocean. (I'm trying to make Scottie feel better about letting us go without him.) Thanks honey for being so understanding! We will miss you very much!!!


This is just a picture of Avery and her new trick with daddy. Her balance and body strength is bordeline freakish. From the day she was born she has been holding her head and chest up on her own. Tummy time has never been a problem. When I put her in the bouncy seat she tries to pull herself up using the little rings. It's funny and a little scary at the same time. Now, if we could just get her to go to sleep by herself....

2 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

Wow! She's getting so strong! I'm sorry she's been sick. Can't wait to see pics from Florida!

Amanda said...

She's ready for the Carnie! Woo-hoo!