Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May Flowers


Grace is so proud of her flowers. Mom and Steve came over last week and we went to the farm stand down by our house. Grace just went to town picking out flowers. Of course she wasn't looking at price tags, she just picked the ones she liked. Her Nana spoils her! I think they did a good job of planting everything. The flower bed was already here, they just had to add the flowers.


This is her little cottage that she painted in November. Her Grandma and Grandpa gave it to her as a big sister gift. She waited all winter to put it outside. I think it looks really nice with all the flowers.

She got this little bunny at Wal-Mart. Mom and Steve took her to get some planting supplies.


I'm glad Steve knew what he was doing. I've never planted anything before, and I don't know if I would have put the effort into planting flowers. But I'm glad they did because it made Grace so happy. She has been watering them everyday. (You can't see it, but Steve has a band-aid on his thumb. Grace, in her typical hyper-hypo fashion, just started digging at the dirt without thinking and stabbed him with the digger tool. He's too nice to say anything, but I did. She cried. That's what I'm here for... to make her feel bad. I'm so mean)




Avery was a big help! She supervised and tried to drink Diet Coke. (Grace called it Nana Juice when she was little)
It was so nice to have them come out and pay attention to the girls. I got to go back to bed that morning and go through the girls closet. It's funny to see the things that make you happy when you have young children. Sleep and the ability to get things done without distractions. But I know that one day I will wish for those distractions again. But for now I will continue to appreciate when people come to visit and watch my munchkins for a while! :)


No comments: