Thursday, December 10, 2009

Finally!


I know this seems like a really random post, but I'm so excited about my snowman bucket. I have had this bucket for six years. Mom bought it for me in 2003 and I have always liked it, but couldn't find a purpose for it. So every year it just sits empty near the tree, just waiting to be filled. Well, this year I had an "a-ha" moment after I bought a pack of Christmas books for Gracie through school. I was switching all of her fall books out of her bookcase in her room and replacing them with winter/Christmas books from the bookcase in the basement. (Yes, we have so many books that we have to have two bookcase. What can I say? Once a teacher-always a teacher!) I saw the bucket on my way back to her room and I got the great idea to put all of her Christmas books in there. I love having it sit by the tree so we can pull a book out and read together anytime we want. So now my little snowman bucket finally has a purpose. I know no one else will probably share my enthusiasm, but I wanted to share anyway. :)

5 comments:

tlhp259 said...

Okay I have to tell you that I am Jealous of your bucket. I have had books and a kid manger (one Grantham can play with) just laying by my fireplace. I have been wishing for something cute to put everything in (maybe a basket or cute bucket) and what do I see on your blog AN ADORABLE SNOWMAN BUCKET. Too cute did I mention that I was jealous. Thanks for sharing the story with everyone. You never know what will make people excited! Now time for me to continue my search:) Have a very merry Christmas!

Larissa said...

That's so funny Tabitha! I thought people would think I'm a dork for posting it, but now I'm glad I did. Isn't it funny to see the things that make us happy as we get older?

Hope your family has a great Christmas with your new little man!

Kels said...

I share your enthusiasm! I would've been just as excited! I also wanted to tell you that I love your music on here.... I knew the twelve days of Christmas had to be the Muppets before it even started playing.... because they are the best! I remember playing their Christmas record... I still feel old when I say that, just because we listened to records and tapes :)

Kels said...

You should also know that I had to create an account on Google just so I could make a comment... so get use to them cause I'm gonna be commenting all the time now!

Kels said...

I feel your excitement... I would've had the same excitement, but I don't have a blog to post it on... nobody wants to hear about me and my cat anyways. By the way, I love the music you have on here and when I saw the twelve days of Christmas, I knew it was the Muppets before I even listened to it! Of course it's the best!