Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blackberry Pie and a Stomach Bug


For Mother's Day I decided to bake one of my favorite desserts. I deserve it, right? But first I should add that my darling husband and daughter took me to Ruby Tuesday's and gave me a really nice card. In fact Scottie wrote a very sweet note in it. I'm not big on gifts, and him writing those things meant more than flowers or candy. (Not that I would turn down those things. :) So to top it off I made blackberry pie. I tried a new recipe, and I think I will keep looking for a great one. The filling was really good, but it needed something more for the crust. But I thought I would post a picture to show off the cute hearts Gracie helped me cut out. Even though this wasn't my favorite recipe I still helped myself to a big warm portion with ice cream. Goodbye hips, hello gestational diabetes!!



So Mother's Day was going fairly well, everything was calm and quiet... until about 10:00 p.m. Gracie had been complaining about her stomach, but I just figured she had snuck some candy while I wasn't looking. (Showcasing my great mothering skills on mother's day. Every great mother automatically thinks their child is disobedient and sneaky, right??!!) But she proved me wrong by throwing up all over her bed. And I do mean all over. In fact she was still half asleep and thought it would be nice to roll in it all. It was a lovely sight. I called Scottie to come home and help me, since he was still at school studying. I got her cleaned up and then cleaned her room while Scottie made her a bed on the floor by the bathroom. (shown in the picture above) She then proceeded to get sick every hour until about 12:30 the next day. It was a rough night and day for everyone. To top it off Scottie got sick about 3:30 in the morning and threw up all over our bedroom floor. He was so sweet to clean it up himself as I sat curled up in a ball, rocking back and forth, crying about how I couldn't possibly clean up one more mess. What a night!!


This is my poor little baby taking a nap in the afternoon. She felt so crummy at this point. She was begging for something to eat and drink. But every time she had something, it just came right back up. I hate seeing her like this. Thankfully it's over and she is going back to school tomorrow. Just one more week and we are all on summer vacation. I can't wait to come to Indiana and visit everyone. We'll leave the puking at home, hopefully! ;)

1 comment:

Cali and Travis said...

Poor Grace, I hope she's better soon! I don't look forward to having a sick child. But I must say your blackberry pie looked divine. It made me quite hungry.