Saturday, May 10, 2008

Daddy Daughter Night



Last night Gracie and Scottie went to the Cinderalla Ball at Truman State University. It's the Christian version of the daddy daughter dance. I think it was started by a couple of ladies in our church who wanted a more modest version of the communities dance. One of my friends at church said the daddy daughter dance that Kirksville has every year had started to become a little sketchy with their choice of music and attire. So they started hosting a dance and it focuses more on the father/daugther relationship through God's eyes. They had a really good time last night. They got their picture taken with a polaroid camera, and then got to decorate a foam frame to put it on. They also received a memory book that they did together. They had to draw a picture of themselves together, and then Gracie answered the question: I love my daddy because, and then I filled it in for her when she got home. The second page is for Scottie to fill out, he has to fill out the reasons why he's glad God gave him her for a daughter. Then the last page they drew together. They had to draw something fun they want to do together. Grace wants to go to the little circus thats coming to town next week. So they drew that together. ( I told Scottie he would have to take her, you know me and my crazy animal rights. I hate for animals to be shipped from place to place just to be put on display for a night. Okay, I'm glad I got that out!) So all in all they had a great night. Scottie knew most of the guys there because they were from church, and Gracie's favorite friend Rachel was there. (They share the exact same birthday. :) She wanted her hair up so I twisted little sections up and pinned them, and then we put flowers in the front. Scottie said her hair lasted about 40 minutes and then it fell out. He said as soon as her and Rachel started dancing one of the flowers fell out and Rachel was trying to shove it back in, so they eventually just took it out. But it looks cute for pictures. I love that they got to do this, and I'm sure they will both keep it has a cherished memory.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is just precious! I wonder if Brian would wear a tie for Chloe... ha ha!

Cali and Travis said...

I loved daddy daughter dates growing up! How special!