Sunday, October 26, 2008

Band contest




A few weeks ago Grace and I went to a high school band contest here in Bloomington. My Uncle Chris is the band director for Warren Township High School in Chicago. His band was competing so we went to visit with them and watch the band. His band did the music from the movie "The Mummy." They did a really good job, and Grace decided that their guard had the best outfits. The last two pictures are of Grace and Aunt Christine. They guard was warming up, and Grace thought she needed to help Aunt Christine count and clap the beat. She had a lot of fun, and was very upset with me when I told her we needed to leave after Uncle Chris's band played. We had been there for a while and it was really hot. I wasn't feeling very well and I need to get home and lay down. As we were leaving I heard Grace say quietly, "if you weren't pregnant we could stay longer." Sorry dear, one day you'll understand! Anyway, we had a good time and I'm glad we got to visit with Uncle Chris and Aunt Christine. Can't wait until next year! I'll be able to stay longer next time.

No comments: