Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm So Proud



I am really proud of myself, and I wanted to share my latest project with you. My friend Debbie had her baby girl last Saturday, and since this is her first girl after two boys, I wanted to give her something pink and girly. I made her a flannel blanket with flowers on one side and a pretty coral type color on the other. The first picture I folded the blanket in half so you could see the back side. On the front I embroidered a letter J since her name is Julianna.The reason I am so proud is because this is the first sewing project I've made without having to rip out any stitches and start over. Now I want to make one for Avery. I'm really getting into sewing now that I've made a few hundred mistakes and learned from them. I was starting to get discouraged and thought maybe sewing was one more talent I could add to my list of things I can't do. I know that sounds negative, but I went through a time period recently of having a pity party and feeling like I didn't have talents except baking. Even that made me sad because I thought "great, the one thing I can do well makes me fat!!" So I did the one thing I knew to do, and that was pray. I didn't ask God to give me specific talents, I just wanted to be content with the ones I already had and be thankful for what He has already given me. I tell ya, these pregnancy hormones really take you for a ride. It's a good thing I serve a patient God who helps you through the ups and downs!

No comments: