Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall Party


Yesterday was Gracie's fall party at school. Her teacher went all out and decorated the room, had games ready, and then they got to decorate cookies. The theme was Western, and everyone had to dress up like cowboys and cowgirls. We didn't have any cowboy boots and I didn't want to buy a pair just so she could wear them for three hours at a party. So I asked the ladies in my Mom2Mom group from church if anyone had some we could borrow. My group leader had a couple of pairs and luckily one pair fit perfectly. She looked so cute with her skirt and horse tights. She was so excited to get dressed up.

Her teacher takes a lot of pictures of the kids and then she will make a photo album for each one at the end of the year. I volunteered for the party and her teacher took a picture of the two of us. I can't believe in three weeks I won't be pregnant anymore. I'm glad I have taken more pictures this time. I don't have very many pictures of me when I was pregnant with Grace.

One of the games they played was barrel racing with stick horses. I think this was her favorite game. They also played pin the tail on the donkey, roping cows, and roping M&Ms.

Each child got a little pumpkin to decorate with markers. Her teacher spends so much money on these kids. But you can tell she loves her job and loves the kids.

At the end of the party they got to decorate cookies. Since I made the cookies, Grace got to pass them out. She loves to get to do stuff like that at school. Another parent brought the frosting and sprinkles. The rest of the kids just smeared their cookies with frosting and then covered it in decorations. Of course Grace was the last one done because she outlined the pumpkin cookie with brown frosting, and then filled in the middle with white. Then she painstakingly put each sprinkle and M&M in the exact spot that she wanted. She was the last one to eat her cookie. Now you know why her teacher told us at the parent/teacher conference that Grace needed to work on getting her work done more quickly. She is always the last one done. We weren't surprised, she is such a perfectionist. Again, she did not get that from me! :) Anyway, we had a good time at the party, and she couldn't wait to get home so she could get ready for trick-or-treating!!

2 comments:

Christian Blome said...

That stick horse looks familiar?? Where did you pick that up? :)

Crystal said...

you look adorabley pregnant..if that is a word.