Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!


We were so excited to have trick-or-treaters this year. In Kirksville we lived on a little side road, and no one ever came to our house. Not this year! We almost ran out of candy. I think Grace had just as much fun passing out candy as she did trick-or-treating herself. In this picture she is waiting for more kids to come. I didn't get a picture of her with her Star Wars bucket. She came home with it completely filled!

This year she really wanted to be a Star Wars character. Toys R Us didn't have the costume she wanted, but they did have Padima. I know I didn't spell that right. All you need to know is that Padima is Luke and Leah's mom in the first three movies.

Here she is demonstrating her light saber skills. Scottie bought this light up one off of Amazon. He said she got a lot of complements on it. I didn't go trick or treating with them, I knew I would just slow them down. But I didn't get to sit and relax at home. Our doorbell was ringing off the hook from 6:00 until about 7:30. Scottie's parents came over and Jeff went with Grace and Scottie while Penny stayed with me. I had fun passing out candy and looking at the kids costume. The only thing I didn't like was when the teenagers would show up with an over sized T-shirt and a little bit of paint on their face, and then expect candy. First of all-you're too old to go trick or treating, but more importantly those were some really LAME costumes. Put some effort into it people!!

Scottie did a little photo shoot and had Grace use the light saber in the dark. I think he took some video. I'll have to ask him and then I can post it on here. She had a lot of fun last night and now she is counting down the days until next year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Padme, Riss....GOSH. How could you not know that.....