Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We are getting ready



The big day is almost here, and we have been working hard to take care of all the last minute details. In my last post I talked about the disadvantages of being the second baby, but for mom and dad the advantages are that you already have all your stuff from the first baby. We haven't had to go out and buy much, especially since we saved all of Gracie's clothes. ( that doesn't mean we haven't bought some new clothes, we can't help it everything is just too cute!!) We only really went out and purchased two new big things. The first thing we did was replace our stroller and car seat. We didn't really like our old one and we found an unbelievable deal on an amazing stroller set on Craig's List. We love it! I need to take a picture of it. We also bought a new swing. We still have Gracie's, but it is a standard swing and she couldn't sit in it until she was three months old. Even then we had to prop her up with a rolled up blanket. I told Scottie that I couldn't wait that long for the conveniences a swing can give you. I remember how much easier life became for me when I could finally put her in the swing. So we got a swing that cradles a newborn and then adjusts as they get bigger. We will still use the other swing downstairs when Avery gets bigger. Even though we spent more than we should, it is totally worth it to me. I just remember having a crying baby and no where to put her except rock her in my arms. Not a fun thing to do after a c-section. So it seems we are pretty much ready to go, and now we just have to wait until Friday. Hopefully Scottie will be able to post pictures on here after she is born. I can't wait!!!!

3 comments:

Sarajane said...

It is so exciting!! I am very happy for your and your family :-)

Amanda said...

I can't wait to meet Avery!! I am praying that all goes smoothly for you and your precious new bundle. I hope you can get some sleep tomorrow night, too. (as much as you can at this point, anyway) LOVE YOU!!!

Crystal said...

I am so excited, you will have to post pics as soon as you can. I had a swing sort of like that. It was a portable swing, but it cradled them so they didnt fall sideways or fall forward. I loved it, it was a lifesaver when i had to load the dishwasher or fold laundry, and it cradled him (since he was only 2lbs at birth). We used it at the hospital and then brought it home. Enough about me..good luck and we are praying all goes well.
Tell Gracie congrats on being a big sis...thats a huge deal.