Thursday, November 12, 2009

Chili Supper/School Carnival


Last Saturday was Gracie's school carnival and chili supper. They had a lot of fun activities and we had a really good time. It was a little crowded at times, and not everyone has the same convictions about health and hygiene as we do. In fact I'm sure Grace picked up some of her current sickness at the carnival. People were letting their kids hack and cough all over the place. I was talking to Gracie's teacher and she told me that there were a couple of kids at the carnival that she had sent home the day before with 103 temperatures. Why can't people stay home when they are sick??!! Oh well, we had a good time regardless!

The gym was full of inflatable slides and jumping houses. Grace loved it! Of course we had to pay ten dollars for her to play on them, but the bracelet allowed her to play all of the games in the carnival. So it was worth it.

This girl loves these kind of slides.

Mommy and Avery

We did the cake walk in Gracie's classroom. She was a little sad that neither one of us won. Maybe next time! Please disregard the fact that I look drunk and pregnant. For some reason I stick my belly out when I hold Avery like that. I really need to strengthen my stomach muscles!!

This guy made balloons for two and half hours. The kids loved the balloon shapes that he made. He is a talented guy!

Grace wanted a kitty - shocker!! She loved that it came with it's own leash.

I LOVE dressing the girls alike. I know some people think it's cheesy and tacky, but not me! I only have a few years left where Grace will want to dress like her little sister, so I try to find as many outfits as I can.

We had a really nice evening at her school. She loved taking us around her school. She was a very proud student. It makes me a little sad that she won't get to continue the friendships and relationships she is making this year. But it will be exciting to go to a new school and make new friends. At least I hope that's the attitude she will have when it's time to move.

No comments: