Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cookie Recipes

I thought I might post the recipes I used for my cookie table. I made peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and chocolate Rolo cookies. The oatmeal raisin cookies were suppose to become sandwich cookies with cream in the middle, which would have tasted like an oatmeal creme pie. But I ran out of time on the day of the party. I'll post the link to both the plain cookies and the sandwich ones.

I've told you about the peanut butter ones before, except it's a recipe for snicker cookies. I just leave out the snickers and use this recipe for plain peanut butter. I LOVE this recipe. I will never make another kind of peanut butter cookie again. You can find the recipe here.

I had never made the Rolo cookies before, and was taking a risk by making them for the first time on the day of the party. But it was worth it, because I thought they were really good. You can find the recipe here.

I found the oatmeal raisin recipe at Annie's Eats. I really like her food blog and can't wait to try more of her recipes. You can find the plain cookies here, and the creme sandwich one here. I plan on making the sandwich cookies soon because they look soooo good!!

I already had the chocolate chip recipe in my recipe box. So I'll post the whole thing here on the blog. I really like these cookies because they use a box of vanilla pudding. I think it makes the cookies really soft and sweet. The only thing I've noticed is that the regular recipe can sometimes make the cookies a little too sweet. I usually halve the recipe and they turn out perfect! I used the whole recipe for the party because it makes a lot of cookies. They still turned out good, in my opinion, but I still like to cut it in half. You can also use different flavors of pudding to make different types of cookies. My roommate in college use to make them all the time. She was always mixing it up. One time she used chocolate pudding and white chocolate chips. Another time she used mocha flavored pudding and milk chocolate chips. They were really good!!!
Anyway, here's the recipe:

Chocolate Chip Cookies

4 1/2 cups flour
2 cups butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 (3.4oz) pkgs. vanilla pudding mix
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 eggs
1 (12oz) bag of chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat in pudding mix. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Blend in flour a cup at a time. Add baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
Yields: 4-5 dozen

No comments: