Thursday, August 5, 2010

Toooo Hot


We had a heat advisory yesterday, which was not a surprise since this whole summer has been unbearably hot!! So we stayed inside...again. I had so many fun things planned this summer, but it's been so hot that we haven't done very much. I'm a little bummed about it, but I just can't be out in this heat for very long. Maybe next summer won't be so hot!!

Grace spent the afternoon painting. She asked me to find a picture on the internet that she could look at for inspiration. ;)

Avery spent quite a bit of time at the table eating a doughnut. She is the slooooowest eater! But we didn't have anything else to do so it worked out for me. We had gotten doughnuts that morning at a little mom and pop cafe after we ran to the real estate place to drop off our rent. She ran straight to the counter and pointed to the ones with "can-ie" on them. And that's about all she ate off the doughnut, icing and "can-ie's." Of course I had to eat the rest for her. They were really good doughnuts!! There is something to be said about family owned doughnut shops. They are so much better than chains stores. I need to stop talking about them because I would love to go back and buy a dozen right now!!! That would be a bad idea, right??

This is what Scottie did the whole time he was home. He had just gotten off of his 30 hour shift!! And he worked the entire 30 hours. He said they were crazy busy and he didn't get much time to stop and take a break. I felt so bad for him. We just let him sleep. Even though he didn't wake up until after we were all asleep, it was nice just to have him in the house. We are going to have to get use to this and realize it is our new "normal" for now. It's a crazy life for a resident!!

No comments: