Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of First Grade


Gracie is officially a first grader. I can't believe it!! She was so excited and nervous this morning as we got ready for school. Avery was excited too, she just didn't know what she was excited about.

She's been trying to smile with her mouth closed since she still has that big tooth hanging sideways in her mouth. But it is starting to get really loose, so I hope it falls out soon. It's making her feel a little self-conscious. I think she will feel better when she gets to school and sees other first graders with dangly front teeth. ;)

Backpack drama!! We bought a backpack a few weeks ago when we were at the mall with Dad and Carol. They bought her the dress she is wearing for the first day of school, and I bought her a gray and pink backpack that she wanted. But three days ago we were at Target buying a few things and she saw this monkey backpack. She fell in love with it and it's matching lunch box. Scottie said no way, but I was wavering quickly. I have a feeling that this might be the last year she will want to carry a pink monkey backpack. I know that may seem silly, but I definitely feel like she is growing up so quickly. So we came to a compromise, she could get it by giving us her money that she earned from her Papaw, and with the knowledge that the pink and gray one will be her backpack next year. She was so excited, and I felt like I get to keep my baby girl for one more year.

Waiting at the bus stop. It was so hot and humid!!! If you have naturally curly hair, don't come to Ohio. It won't do you any favors. I have had the hardest time with Gracie's hair. Everyday we deal with frizz and tangles. I am really ready for fall, for many reasons. :)

The girls were singing Wheels on the Bus while we waited. I think Avery is going to be a little lonely without her big sister to play with her.

I told Grace to wave at me, but I didn't get the picture in time. She was really nervous by the time the bus got here. She told me she had butterflies in her tummy. So we prayed together right before the bus came. In fact I prayed all morning that she would have a good day, and that good friends would come into her life. I was really happy to see that she got to sit with a little girl that lives down the street. We've talked to her a couple of times this summer and she seems really nice. I hope this is the start of a good friendship!

So now it's just me and this little monkey. We've already read a couple of books and will have to find things to do until Sesame Street comes on at 10:00. Avery is not a big t.v. watcher, but she LOVES Sesame Street.

I'm counting down the hours until Gracie comes home and tells me all about her first day of first grade!!!!

1 comment:

Danielangelena said...

You can make notes for yourself on when your goat starts to show signs of dehydration, and then describe these symptoms to your vet. Keeping records of your goat's health is crucial to its well-being. You can also create a binder for your herd and store all the records you need. You are curious to know more about all about goats, browse this site.