Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Hope This Lasts!!


We finally got a day of nice weather. While it was still warm, it didn't suffocate us when we went outside to play. I have felt really guilty this summer because I haven't been able to do much with the girls. We stayed inside quite a bit due to the heat. My body just didn't handle it very well. So when the humidity went down yesterday we spent the afternoon in the backyard after school.

Grace has finally mastered the art of riding a bike without training wheels. She is loving it!!!! But I think she is getting tired of just riding up and down the sidewalk next to our house. I told her after the baby is born and I recover we can take walks around the neighborhood while she rides her bike.

I'm so glad our neighbors have full grown trees to give us some shade. We have never lived in a house with any kind of shade, which makes playing outside a little too hot sometimes. But we have plenty now and I am loving it!! I wish we had trees in our own yard, but we will just have to make due with what we get from the neighbors.

Lounging in the grass eating baked lays.

They are the sweetest sisters.

I'm not sure why this picture didn't flip. But it shows Avery pointing at "air-pains."

Grace is pointing out bunny rabbits in the clouds. Avery didn't get it and started looking for bunnies in the yard.

I guess Avery thought it was still too hot outside because she started pouring water on herself. Actually she does this about everyday, inside or outside, it doesn't matter. She is the messiest kid I have ever encountered!

I really hope this weather lasts for a while. I want to enjoy the girls before I have to start giving a lot of attention to the baby!! :)

No comments: