Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Martha has failed me



I was watching Martha Stewart yesterday and she said that it was National Chocolate Chip Day. In the early 1930's Ruth Wakefield and her husband owned a restaurant in New England called The Toll House Inn. One day she was making cookies for her guests when she decided to chop up a Nestle semi-sweet bar of chocolate to put in her dough. Thus the chocolate chip was born! In 1939 Nestle started producing the chocolate chip and Ruth's recipe went on the back of the bag. Just a little nugget of information for you all in case you are playing Trivial Pursuit (Jared!)

Anyway- in honor of this special day I decided that Gracie and I needed to make cookies. Now, I never try new chocolate chip recipes because I LOVE the toll house one. But in my excitment of watching Martha (lame-Iknow) I thought I would give her recipe a try. I had made her peanut butter cookies the other day and they were fantastic, so I expected the same for the chocolate chip. I am sad to say that Martha has disappointed me. Do not be decieved by the picture- they look like they would taste yummy, but these cookies were not good at all. When I took them off the cookie sheet you could see a puddle of butter underneath. (Right now Paula Deen is rolling her eyes and licking her lips somewhere) So I have learned my lesson - alwasy stick with Toll House! Gracie and I had a great time in the kitchen, so it wasn't a total waste.

No comments: