Friday, May 25, 2007

They are always listening!


I love this picture of Grace and Kingsley. They "look" like they love each other. Well... Gracie loves Kingsley but the feelings are not mutual. I know he loves her, but he definetly doesn't like her. Anyway, the subject of this blog is to remind ourselves that our children are always listening to us. I have been telling Scottie for about two weeks now that Kingsley's fur is getting long and he needs a trim. I'm sure you know where this is going. I was cleaning up the office and Gracie was playing in the living room. Everything seemed normal to me when I got done cleaning. Kingsley was sleeping in the bathroom (that's his favorite spot when it gets warm)and Grace was still in the living room. I walked in and saw her sitting on the floor looking sad. I asked her what was wrong and she said " His hair keeps getting longer and longer, so I tried to cut it." That's when I noticed the scissors on the floor and a few clumps of fur!!! I called Kingsley into the living room, and he walked in like nothing was wrong. I saw that he had three cut marks into his fur, but thankfully she didn't cut his skin. (I couldn't get a good picture of his "hair cut") I just can't believe he let her do that! I asked her if he growled when she was cutting his hair and she said no. But she was sad because she didn't trim him up all the way and he still had long fur. We had a BIG discussion about not cutting other people's hair or animal fur. Then we had ANOTHER discussion about scissors. I keep hiding them from her. On the bright side, at least she didn't cut her own hair. I would have passed out!

No comments: