Wednesday, May 16, 2007

One Week Later


Here is an updated picture of Gracie's foot. We have been using the cream from the doctor and wrapping her foot everyday. The doctor said that everything looks good and we go back on Thursday for one more check-up. Dr. Grgurich told us to go the the local farming store if we wanted to get colored bandages. They are made to wrap horses legs, but can be used on humans. As soon as Gracie heard that we had to make a trip to the Farm and Home store. She has blue, green, and hot pink. Letting her choose the color every night has helped make the wrapping process go smoother.

My friend Debbie and I had a yard sale on Friday and Gracie was running around with her bandaged foot. When people would ask her about it she would tell them that she stepped in a crockpot of green beans. The looks on their faces were priceless. They would look at me as if to say "where did she come up with that?" Then I would have to tell them that she was telling the truth, she REALLY did step in a crockpot of green beans. It was so funny!

Then last night we were getting ready to go to bed and she asked AGAIN if we were going to my cousin Andrew's wedding in the morning. (she has asked this every night for the last three nights) Again I told her that we weren't leaving until Friday morning, which doesn't mean a whole lot to a three year old. She sat there quietly for a minute and then said "I sure hope Andrew doesn't step in a crockpot of green breans, cause his foot would burn like mine." I tried so hard not to laugh, because she was very sincere. She doesn't want Andrew to have a burnt foot for his wedding. Kids are so funny!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest, sweetest thing I've ever heard. See you Saturday!