Friday, May 4, 2007

City Museum




On Saturday Gracie and I went to the City Museum in St. Louis. Scottie couldn't go until later. He is the president of the christian organization at school, and they had a leadership meeting that day.
I had never heard of this place before, and I am so glad that we found it! It is amazing!! It's really hard to describe. The museum is in an old warehouse and uses the first four floors. I thought I had gone to the wrong place at first. I couldn't figure out why a museum would be in an old dirty warehouse. The first picture shows just a small part of the outside maze/tunnel thing. Everything is made out of old junk; metal rods, fencing, an airplane, a couple of old limestone building pieces, etc... You had to crawl through tunnels and go down slides. It was crazy. The inside was incredible! It's very artistic and creative. Their were caves, more tunnels and slides, a skate park without the skateboard; the kids just slid down the ramps. I could go on and on. If you are ever in St. Louis and you have children who have lots of energy, then this is the place for you! Gracie had so much fun, she cried when we left. You all know what that means; everyone within three blocks knew we were leaving!

No comments: