Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm addicted to blogs


Scottie and I were having a discussion the other day about Gracie's obessive nature. I said that she gets it from him. Of course he wanted to know why I felt this way, so I began to list his obessions: pens, lint rollers, the color gray... He said that I had obessions as well, which I quickly denied. He pointed out that I am addicted to reading other people's blogs. Well, he got me- I am totally addicted to reading other people's blogs. I think it's fun to read about other people's lives, get ideas from them, look at pictures of their children doing funny things. Does it really matter that I don't know half of them? Maybe. There are several spouses here at school that blog for their friends and families. I love their recipes. A few of them post recipes on their blogs with pictures to go along with them. I love it! So I will try and pass along some of these great recipes. I don't take the best pictures, but you get the point.

Here is a recipe for : Tuscan Garlic Chicken

I thought it was pretty good. The chicken was fantastic!
-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast
-1T garlic, chopped
-1 1/2 c. flour, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 red pepper, julienne cut
-1 T. salt
-1/2 c. dry white wine ( I substitued chicken broth for finacial reasons)
-2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 lb. whole leaf spinach, stemmed
-2 tsp. Italian seasoning
-12 0z. heavy cream
-1 lb curly or regular fettuccine
-1 c. parmesan cheese, grated
-Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess. In a large, ovenproof skillet, add 3 Tbsp of olive oil- and saute chicken in batches over med-high heat for about two to three minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crisp. Add additional olive oil for each batch as necessary. When finished, transfer the skillet to a preheated oven at 350 degrees. cook for 10-15 mins., or until cooked through. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking,heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a sauce pan. Add the garlic and red pepper, cook for approximately one minute. Add remaining 1 tbsp. flour and stir to combine. Next add the wine and bring to a boil for one minute. Add the spinach and cream and bring to a boil. The sauce is done cooking when the spinach becomes whilted. Complete by stirring in the parmesan cheese. Drain pasta and partly coat with sauce. Transfer to a large bowl (or individual dishes). Top with chicken, remaining sauce and extra parmesan cheese.

No comments: