Friday, August 17, 2007

Not a happy day!


I took Gracie to the doctors for her school physical today. She has to have one before she can go to pre-school on Tuesday. I thought they would just look in her ears, nose, eyes, etc... Oh no! They pricked her finger and then squeezed a ton of blood out of it. It's one of the worst feelings as a parent, to sit there and hold your child while they are crying and asking you to make it stop. Just when we think it's all over the doctor comes in. She looked over Gracie's immunization records and decided today would be a good day to start her round of hepatitis shots. I DID NOT want to have to tell Gracie that she was going to get another shot. Of course she panicked, and I had to hold her down. She cried so hard. The nurse felt bad for her and loaded her up with gifts. She got two stickers, a grape flavored tongue depressor, bubble gum flavored Motrin, and a trip to the treasure chest. You can see in the picture that she is holding all of her treasures and her stickers are on her shirt. She also has two band-aids. Poor little thing! She told me she missed her blood, and she didn't want to be healthy. But when I told her she couldn't go to school without doing these things, she quieted down. She can not wait to go to school. We had a meet and greet with the teacher last night. Grace didn't want to leave, she wanted to stay and play with everything. I'll post pictures on Tuesday of her first day of school. I probably shouldn't wear mascara that day, because I know I will be a little sad to see her go. :(

No comments: