Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It finally happened...




Yes, she finally did it. Gracie chopped her hair off in the front. I was cutting out some school stuff for my friend yesterday. I had to go to the bathroom so I put the scissors down (BIG mistake). We have had several talks about scissors and how she has to have permission to use them. Her OCD got the best of her and she had to cut something! I heard her cutting in her coloring book and I told her to put the scissors down. Being the smart child that she is- she knew I couldn't make her since I was in the bathroom. She ran upstairs with her coloring book and scissors. I thought she was just going to cut a ton of pages out. Wrong!!! As soon as I came out I saw her coming down the stairs. She had a strange bulge in her underwear and it looked like there were strands of hair hanging out of them. Then my eyes looked up and saw a giant chunk of her hair missing! I just sat there in disbelief for a while. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. I asked her why she did that and she replied " I wanted to be like Rapunzel." I yelled " what? That's the opposite of Rapunzel!" (I think she is refering to the Barbie movie where the mean lady cuts Rapunzel's hair so the prince won't recognize her) Regardless, she now has very choppy bangs! Then I looked at her underwear, she had stuffed all of her hair in them. I tried SO hard not to laugh, but it was too funny. She started crying, but I couldn't stop laughing. When she pulled them down it looked like she had put a wig in there. There was so much hair!
Her hair doesn't look terrible, but it's going to be hard to pull it back. We are going to have to go buy more clips. The pictures don't really show how short or how much she really cut. It seems we have passed another childhood milestone. I hope she has gotten it out of her system. Heaven help us!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Riss--
I laughed until I was crying over the mental picture I got of Gracie stuffing her hair in her underpants! I love reading about your adventures! It makes me not miss you quite as much!
Love,
Carrie

captainblip said...

That was hilarious. That sounds like something my daughter would do.