Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Christmatine!

You may have to enlarge the picture to truly appreciate the laziness of our neighbors. This is the duplex across the street from our house. No, this picture wasn't taken 2 1/2 months ago. It was taken on Saturday morning. I laugh every time I come home and see their lovely display for Christmas and Valentine's. OK, I can see someone being too exhausted after the holidays to take down their decorations. I can even see how they might leave them up for a week or two. But, HELLO people - it's March!! When we came home Friday night I started laughing about our neighbors when Gracie joined in, except she was serious. She got a classic Grace scowl on her face and started waving her hands around saying" First they have Christmas things up, then they have Valentines, and if they put up Easter stuff... I don't know what they are thinking!" I couldn't help but laugh at her. For some reason she became the Christmas display police after the holidays. Every time we drove past a house that still had their lights up she would flip out in the car. She just couldn't understand why some people would keep their decorations up after Christmas. I wish she was this picky about her toys after she's done playing with them. * I'll let you know if they start putting colorful bunnies on the reindeer's back and hiding Easter eggs in the stockings.

3 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

That's hilarious! The guy across the street from my in-laws left his Christmas tree up for 2 1/2 years. I'm not kidding. 2 1/2 years straight and they had the lights on every night. It was right in their big picture window in the front of their house so you couldn't help but notice. I think the only reason they finally took it down was because they put their house on the market.

Unknown said...

Good thing Gracie hadn't been to my apartment...I took my tree down Sunday morning!

Larissa said...

Cali- That is just plain crazy! I bet your in-laws got sick of looking at that tree year round. You would think that it would lose it's magical Christmas feeling after seeing everyday for 2 1/2 years! I'm glad they moved!

Sarah - That makes me laugh! I promise I won't tell Gracie. She would be all over you! :)