Monday, March 10, 2008

Feeding the Birds

Well, we made to Florida in one piece. It's taken a while to catch up on our sleep since we drove straight through. But we're rested and having a really good time. On Sunday we picked Kelsey up at her apartment and headed to Tarpon Springs. It's a little Greek village north of St. Petersburg. We went there last year and really enjoyed it, so we wanted to come back again. We had just gotten done eating at Santorini Greek Grill, which is really good, just case you are ever in Tarpon Springs, Florida. Carol brought some of Gracie's sandwich bread out into the parking lot. We wanted to feed the birds like we did last year. Grace got nervous, she remembered how they were a little crazy last time, so I volunteered to throw the bread-bad idea! Once you throw one piece dozens of birds come swooping around you. Here is a clip of us feeding the birds. I ended up throwing all of it onto the ground. Just watch:



I really thought that bird was going to land on my head, it touched the top of it before I completely freaked out. Now I know how Tippi Hedren felt in the movie The Birds. Don't worry if you didn't know her name, Dad and I had to google it. Now we know why there are signs every where that say "Don't Feed the Birds!" Hey, we're hicks from Indiana we don't read too good.
I'll put more on the blog tomorrow. I'll try to keep it updated while we are here in Florida!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Riss, that is too funny!

Cali and Travis said...

That is hilarious!