Thursday, March 27, 2008

The objects of her obsession


It's a bit of an understatement to say that Gracie loves stuffed animals. Well, actually she just loves animals in any form. One day I counted all her little plastic horses and she had 37. I'm pretty sure she has acquired a few more since then. I'll have to line them up and take a picture of them, it's pretty amazing. You might be thinking " uh, mom, why don't you just get rid of some of these toys?" Believe me I've tried, but every time I pick one up to donate or put in a yard sale I get a little emotional and I just can't do it. She truly, truly,truly, loves all of her animals and she plays with them on a regular basis. You wouldn't know it, but there is a white basket underneath all of those toys. I was going to make a wall hanging with pockets so she could have a place for her smaller animals, and the rest could fit in the basket. But she doesn't really have enough wall space to accommodate something like that. So... I need a solution for our overpopulation troubles. If you have any clever ideas, please let me know. Otherwise I am going to have to break down and get rid of some of them. But then I would have to cry and I don't like to cry.

4 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

How fun!

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid we had "pet nets". Do you remember them? They were hung in the top corner of your room and you could just throw all your stuffed animals up there. (I had a ton just like Gracie). It was a piece of netting in the shape of a triangle that you hung near the ceiling. I don't even know if they still make them! That's the only suggestion I have!
Love ya!
Teresa :)

Larissa said...

Thanks Teresa! I actually bought one a few months ago, but it was too big for our walls. Of course they only sell them in extra-large. So if you ever see one that's just large or medium let me know. Thanks for commenting. It has been too long since we've talked! I CAN NOT wait to see you in May. But this seeing each other once a year stuff has to stop! :)

reanda said...

I was gonna say the same thing as Teresa. Meg had one in her room for years, I think until we graduated high school! lol Anway, good luck. Lecia and Chop converted their garage into a giant play room in order to accomodate all the stuff. Big families + lots of gifts = space issue
Love you!