Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More Tarpon Springs


This is a picture of all of us in the Santorini Grill. Last year we got to sit outside and eat, but there wasn't a big enough table this time. It's really nice to sit out by the water, it's such a change from Indiana/Missouri. I never thought I would ever like Greek food. I'm not one to try different types of food. But surprisingly I really enjoy it. I told Kelsey I was going to try some of their recipes and let her know how it goes. If I find anything good I will try and post it on the blog.


Our little family on the sight seeing boat. It takes you out to the Gulf of Mexico. Last year it was really warm and we got to see dolphins jumping along side the boat. This year it was a little bit colder and we didn't see any dolphins. Grace said "Where are the dolphins? This is a dolphin boat. " I told her that they were too cold and decided to stay home. Then she said " Mommy, the sea is their home." I couldn't really say anything after that. :)


Don't worry, we don't give our child cigarettes as treats! Scottie had gotten some candy cigarettes at a candy store in the little village. We let Grace have one to demonstrate how ridiculous the two young girls beside us looked as they were smoking on a windy boat tour. Their poison, I mean smoke, was blowing in our faces. Scottie asked them to please go to the back of the boat so we didn't have to breath in their smoke. They looked at him as if he had asked them to cut off their own arm. Sorry for those of you who smoke... but smoking is BAD!! Anyway, do you think we are sending her the wrong message? Real cigarettes are bad, but candy ones are OK. Either way, it makes for a funny picture!

1 comment:

WordWielder said...

I am laughing so hard! You made
sure to let your readers know
your beautiful daughter doesn't
smoke...which reminded ME of
of the time when my twin grandsons
were 5 or so - they're 8 now - and
I noticed, and purchased, candy
cigarettes at Hobby Lobby,
remembering them from when I was
a kid, back in the heyday of the
Marlboro Man. So, I gave the boys
their packs, they each raced to
remove one and stuck them in their
mouths, letting them hang from their lips like solid drool!

I nearly had a stroke! I took it
all back, including the ones in
their mouths, and threw it all
away, wondering what on earth
had possessed me! No one in our
family smokes, not a single soul!
I guess I was just caught up in
LOOK AT THE CANDY GRANDMA USED
TO HAVE WHEN SHE WAS A KID!