Monday, August 10, 2009

First Bus Ride


Today Gracie started her Early Start program at school. It's only a couple of hours long in the morning. She has it every day this week, and then starts full day kindergarten next Thursday. The purpose of the program is to help the kids ease into school a little better. I think it's a great idea. It will certainly help her get use to waking up early and getting ready for the bus. Our bus stop is at the very end of our road. I was hoping it would be a little closer, but we'll manage. Grace was so excited this morning. I didn't have any trouble getting her up, which is not the norm with this one. She's too much like Scottie and I with our love for sleeping in the morning. But today she was bursting with excitement to get on the bus for the first time.

Here she is getting on the bus. It's hard to watch your little baby get on that big ole' bus! For the record, I did not cry. I wanted to, but there were people around so I held it in. I'm proud of myself!

Doesn't she look tiny? That was my first thought, "she looks too little in that big bus!" But I knew this day would come, and I'm glad that she is excited about school instead of dreading it. I'm sure in a couple of years we will hear, "why can't you just drive me to school? Only nerds ride the bus!" Hopefully she won't feel that way, and too bad if she does. ;) I can't wait to see her face when she gets off today, and hear all about the fun she had at her new school!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

What a big day for Gracie! I don't know how you managed to keep from crying when she got on the bus. I know that I'll have tears in my eyes when Chloe goes to her first day of Kindergarten tomorrow, and I won't even be there to see her! So many "firsts" for them!

Aunt Teresa

Larissa said...

I think it's because I knew she would be home in three hours. Next Thursday will probably be a whole other story. She'll have her backpack on and she'll be gone all day! I can't believe Chloe starts tomorrow!! How did they get this old?