Friday, August 7, 2009

Holiday World


Back in July we went to Holiday World with Dad, and Carol. My step-sister Jill and her family went too. We weren't able to go last summer due to Jill having Wyatt in May and I was pregnant with Avery. I don't think it would have been a very pleasant trip. But this year every one was older and ready to play. This picture was taken at my Dad's house. I just love the look on Avery's face, like she is really into the book. Grace's smile is super sweet too!

I love this picture. I am crazy about babies in onesies!!!

Judging from Gracie's soaking wet hair and clothes, you would think this picture was taken at the water park. Nope, it was a kid's area that had giant water spouts in the middle. There is no stopping this kid when it comes to water. It's like a siren's call; she just can't stay away! :)

We had only been there for about an hour before Avery passed out. I was nervous that she wouldn't nap at all, but it obviously wasn't a problem.

Here's our little sweetie eating her first cookie. One bite and she was hooked. She must get it from me. :)

Here's our other sweetie. She was having such a good time.

Grace and Stuart with Grandpa. Stuart was one of the main reasons she was having a good time. They get along really well. You can't see it, but the man behind Dad had a full white beard. It was like we had our own Santa Claus in Holiday World.

Avery liked standing in the water, but she wasn't a big fan of sitting in it with her little swimmers. She's fine if she can float in the water, but she must not like the feel of them when she's sitting. I personally wouldn't want to sit in a big soggy diaper either. But I may not have a choice when I get older.... Wait, I don't like where I'm going with this post. (ps. If you enlarge the picture, you can see my dad in the background climbing the ropes after Grace and Stuart. How do I know it's my dad? By the awesome farmers tan on his arms and his blindingly white legs. Sorry Dad, I just had to say it. :)

Mommy hiding behind Avery. Although, I actually like my new swimsuit this year. But I'm not going to post a full body picture of it on here. I'm crazy, but not that crazy!

We still had another hour before the park closed when it started pouring down rain. We had to walk all the back to the van. That wasn't much fun, as you can tell by the look on Grace's face. The rain really became a pain when I slipped out side of a restaurant and landed on my right arm. I heard it pop, and I thought I had broken it. But my hunk of medical school husband checked it out and said it was fine. It didn't feel fine for a few days, plus I felt like an idiot for falling down in front of people. Oh well. it wasn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Avery having her first drink of Mountain Dew. We like to start good eating habits early. Cookies and Mountain Dew are part of the food pyramid, right? (Just so you know, she didn't really get any Mountain Dew out of the cup. I don't want child services to show up at my door. If you remember the police showed up in January to question me about stealing people's wallets. I can't afford any more trouble. I need to keep my nose clean for awhile.)

The end of long day. We heard them talking for quite a while, but then it got really quiet. When we got home this is what we found when we turned on the lights. This is just evidence of a hard day's worth of play and fun. Can't wait for Holiday World 2010!!

No comments: